Hello from The Kahani Project. Listening to stories is the right of every child. While libraries and bookshops are full of books, many children go without stories. The Kahani Project aims to change that by making stories accessible to children in an audio format.
Over the last 7 years, we have crowdsourced a huge library of audio stories – free, open-source and open access. You can listen to the 800 + stories here or on our Sound Cloud platform. These stories have been recorded by citizens – children, working professionals, grandmas and people of all ages across India.
You can become a storyteller and give your voice to stories on The Kahani Project as well.
Step 1: Sign-up by filling out the form here.
Step 2: Prepare to tell your story –
To record your story, you must have:
- A smartphone with headphones
- Download a good audio recording app.
- Choose your story – If you have filled the form above, we would have sent you a story to record. Alternatively, you can choose your own story for recording. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind while selecting a story.
- Find yourself a quiet room, imagine that you have children sitting in front of you and record with all the emotions and expressions that you can. If you make a mistake, don’t worry, take a pause, go back to the beginning of the sentence, and start reading again; no need to stop recording. You don’t need to worry about wrong takes, our team will take care of the mistakes. Just re-record the parts where you go wrong.
- Record your story and email it to us at email@example.com
If you have any questions, email – firstname.lastname@example.org or Druta.Bhatt@thekahaniproject.org